Saturday, November 17, 2007

Darned if I do, Darned if I don't

Random thought #5,761:

As I was at a friend's house she mentioned that she was trying to measure up to her mother-in-law in the caring of her husband. He was raised by a mom that did it all, homemade style. Now, his wife, wanting to serve him in a way that shows her love and respect for him tries to compete with this standard.

On the other end of the spectrum, we moms want to train our kids and do so well with them. Feed them well, teach and train them well, and raise them to be great husbands who will grow up to marry wives... just like us? And daughters, that will be... just like us? Or will they not. Will our daughters struggle as we do to please and serve our husbands? Will they live in the shadow of how their mother-in-law raised that man, now their husband? Will they wish that we had trained them differently?

I am Soooooooo glad that in everything that we do, we do it unto the Lord. That we do not live for the approval of man, but we live for God. I am glad that God's Word is my guide and not the expectations (yoke) that weigh me down. I will of course, serve my husband and children, but I will do it to honor God. And when I fail, daily, I will seek His forgiveness and counsel on how to improve.

Thoughts, anyone?????

1 comment:

Jesus girl said...

Yes and amen. It is to much pressure to live to impress. He is already impressed that is why He died on the cross for us. Now we just have to abide.