Wednesday, March 5, 2008

HOLY GROUND... God shows up...

"God called to him from within the bush, "Moses, Moses!" And Moses said, 'Here I am.' "Do not come any closer" God said. "Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy ground."
Exodus 3:4-5


I am not sure if I can even begin to explain what happened to me this day. But I will attempt it.

I was having some early morning quite time. Nobody was awake but me and the sun was not yet up. I was just talking to God. But somehow couldn't find the words to say. I began singing songs of worship instead. One after another. Not trying to create a moment, but actually being in the moment. As I started singing the song "Rock of Ages" I was overwhelmed by the presence of God. I began crying uncontrollably. Just sobbing. I wasn't sad. I wasn't broken. I was just crying. The more I sang, the more I cried. As I sat on the couch, I realized that I wasn't comfortable sitting. I felt compelled to be face first on the floor. Honestly, no other position would allow me to find comfort. I just kneeled there, weeping, and singing. My mind would begin to interrupt the moment and analyze what was happening. "God what are you showing me" "I'm listening". I wanted to figure it out. But then I saw Moses in my mind. I remembered something that I had heard before, ' The Lord will inhabit the praises of His people'. And at that moment I knew, I was on Holy Ground. There was no other position for me to take but to fall on my face before my Kind and worship. No questions, no answers. Just worship. uninterrupted. uninterpreted. just raw.

More songs came to my mind.. "though the sorrow may last for the night, joy comes in the morning." "He turns the darkness to light, His mercy overwhelms me" "I cry out for your hand of mercy to heal me, Oh Lord my rock, my strength in weakness, come rescue me Oh Lord. you are my hope, your promise never fails me, for you are good, for you are good, for you are good to me..."

This was my moment with God. Then I had some great time in the Word (see below) and the spirit showed me so many things!

Love and peace to all!

No comments: