Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Broken Eggs

Our church had a SPRING CARNIVAL. They dropped something like 30,000 eggs from a helicopter for the kids to gather. It was a totally cool outreach and tons of people from the area showed up.

After the kids had picked through the eggs, seeking the prize of the egg and the sweetness inside the hunt was over. I had my kids wait until the crowd was done and then let them onto the field to get their eggs.

They came to me with saddened faces, "mom, all that's left are broken pieces". The good eggs were chosen. The candy and sweet treats were gathered. But no one wanted the broken pieces.

It was in that moment that I saw a picture of how God sees us. The world likes the pretty eggs. The things useful and pleasing to the eye. But Jesus came to collect the broken ones. The broken ones like me. That's just what Easter is about. Jesus coming to heal a world of broken people (because of sin) and taking on their punishment for them (death). But it didn't stop there.

It would be poetic just thinking about how God gathers those that are broken. How he wants them. How he chooses them over all the others. But the wonder of it all is that He doesn't leave us broken. He heals our hurts. Seals our cracks. Restores what has been crushed. But he doesn't fix the old egg. He makes us brand new!

My redeemer died for me. But He rose for me so that I may be risen with Him!

He has risen, He has risen indeed.

Happy early Easter= Ressurection Day!!!

2 comments:

Juarez (Prayer) Warriors 8 said...

Hi Correy,
I miss you and our table at Bible study:O) What a blessing your blog is this Easter morning!! Thank you for your ufalling unwavering faith:O) You made my day!!! GOD is so good!!!
Tamra

Anonymous said...

great analogy, Cori. Miss you guys!

Love,
Jana