Thursday, January 3, 2008

Potential in my Pantry


There is potential in my pantry
.

Any guess as to what I'm talking about?

My husband would look in the fridge and say,
"There is nothing to eat".

Then he would look into the pantry and say,
"There isn't anything to eat in here either."

In both situations he would be correct...
or would he? ...

I have him look closer. I pull out the flour, the salt, the sugar, baking powder and soda, a little cinnamon, a handful of raisins. From the fridge I grab an egg, the milk and a butter stick.

(None of these ingredients sound very exciting in and of themselves. Well, maybe if you were in the mood for a fried egg and a glass of milk. But fried eggs is another story, another time.)

So... I mix all my ingredients toss it into a pan, bake it for awhile and the house is transformed. There is now a wonderful smell filling the air, and taste of savory raisin bread melting on our tongues. Mmmm!

At first glance, we may look into our life and not see much that God can use. But our God is the Master Chef of life, and He sees a "pantry full of potential". He can take a little bit of this and a little bit of that to create an amazingly beautiful life. Full of flavor and the heavenly scent of Jesus. Mix all those life experiences together, throw them in the fiery furnace of trials, and the results will be amazing.

Note:
Remember, if you take the bread out of the oven before it's ready, you have a mushy, unfinished, not good for use bread. So... No matter how hard it is to wait for the appointed time, I highly recommend it. The results are out of this world!

Now, it's your turn to examine your pantry... and... you life!

1 comment:

beBOLDjen said...

Cute analogy!

I've got some serious pantry examining to do! some stuff to dunp out and some stuff to take to the Master Chef.....